Although I have eaten many cheesy grilled tuna melts with sriracha, this was the first time I actually made the sandwich for myself. Every other time, my husband — who is eerily good at making sandwiches of all kinds — was kind enough to make it for me. This was also the first time I had a good reason to splurge on THC-infused sriracha, a tincture I’ve been eyeing for a few months now.
IMPORTANT: You will need to prepare and refrigerate the tuna ingredients at least 15-minutes before you start to make the sandwich. Refrigerating the tuna will give the flavors time to mingle and blend together.
Ingredients for Cheesy Grilled Tuna Melt with THC-infused Sriracha
- 1 can of tuna in water
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup of yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon of old bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice (optional)
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 slices of extra sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 slices of Havarti or Muenster cheese
- 3 to 4 full droppers of THC-infused Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons of cannabutter, unsalted butter, or mayonnaise
For non-Teflon pans
- 1/2 tablespoon of cannabutter or unsalted butter
Prepare the tuna
- Open and drain the canned tuna.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the tuna, mayo, and yellow mustard.
- Add old bay and dill weed.
- Add lemon juice (optional).
- Cover the mixing bowl and place in the fridge for 15- to 20-minutes.
Prepping the pan
- Place pan of choice on the stove.
- If using a non-Teflon pan, place 1/2 tablespoon of cannabutter or unsalted butter in the pan. Otherwise, continue to step c.
- Turn the burner on to medium-low heat.
Building the sandwich
- Spread 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter, cannabutter, or mayonnaise evenly on one (1) side of the first slice of bread.
- Set the bread aside, butter or mayonnaise side up, and then carefully check the temperature of the pan by placing a few small drops of water in the pan. The pan is ready if the drops of water start to bubble.
- When the pan is ready, place the first slice bread in the pan with the butter or mayonnaise side touching the pan.
- In the following order, place the tuna, cheese, and then sriracha onto the slice of bread that is in the pan.
- Spread the remaining tablespoon of unsalted butter, cannabutter, or mayonnaise onto the top of the second slice of bread, and then place the bread on the sandwich in the pan with the butter or mayonnaise facing up.
- After 3- to 4-minutes, flip the sandwich to grill the top slide of bread. If you need to even out the browning on the sandwich, flip the sandwich 1 or 2 more times.
Eat and Enjoy
Once you’re done cooking your sandwich, allow it to cool for 3 to 4 minutes before eating it. Then, dig in and enjoy!