St. Patty’s Day is coming up quick! It’s going to be a great weekend wherever you end up, but maybe you’d rather celebrate without consuming alcohol. There are other ways to have fun and stick with the traditional theme, and you can also get lifted while doing so.
One delicious way to go green is to make your own version of the Shamrock Shake. We’re talking about the real deal, with real, wholesome ingredients. None of that high fructose corn syrup crap or artificial flavorings. As the So Cal weather is warming up and the sun is shining after a long wet winter, you’re going to want something refreshing this weekend and for spring that feels as great as it tastes. This is vegan, paleo, and keto friendly, so everyone’s welcome to partake. You could even add booze if you do want to make a creamy cocktail but we’re going to focus on the herbal aspect.
If you’re hosting a gathering this weekend, this is a great recipe to have on hand, just make sure everyone knows there’s weed in them.
Recipe for 2 servings:
- 1 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 tbsp or more of your favorite vegan canna”butter” or canna oil (dose to your preferences)
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 bunch of fresh mint leaves, to taste
- Stevia, to taste
- Depending on what you’re using for your THC “budder” or oil, it’s probably going to be hard especially if it’s been in your fridge or freezer for a while. Try to plan ahead and let it sit out at room temperature overnight if it’s extremely firm so it will be easy to work with. It’s important for this ingredient to be soft so the texture works properly in your shake, and you also want the THC to distribute as evenly as possible or things may get a bit weird. So make sure to plan ahead of time unless you want to make a fresh batch of this ingredient the same day that you’re preparing the shakes.
- Add the avocado, coconut/almond milk, ice, and vanilla extract to the blender and mix it. Depending on the consistency you want, you may want to add more coconut/almond milk or more or less ice.
- Add the THC base. Personally I think it works better to add it after the other ingredients have been mixed, but you could go ahead and add to step 2 if you’d like.
- Add the mint and stevia to taste. Just do a little at a time so you don’t make it overly sweet or too minty.
- Pour in your favorite glasses and garnish with fresh mint, and you’re ready to serve!
This is a great recipe to have around whether you have guests or you want to make it for yourself. You could also make it more health-focused for breakfast by adding spinach and cucumber for a more well-rounded meal or snack. Enjoy!