This cookie recipe yields the gooiest, softest cookies ever. Toffee is such a warm flavor. It’s made through reducing sugar or molasses until they brown. Occasionally, flour is added to create a thicker texture. There are different kinds of toffee as well; some are more chewy while others are hardened. It’s made by heating sugar/molasses up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Textures can vary, as mentioned, and are determined by the amount of heat, sort of ingredients included, etc. To make these a little more fragrant, I find that adding a bit of thyme adds color and adds aroma.
The best way to make these if you plan on adding either THC or CBD is to make cannabutter first. This process is relatively easy…you really just need to essentially cook flower of your choice in the butter of your choice. (Better ingredients make for better results… organic pasture-raised butter is preferred.) You’ll have to strain out the green, but you can also just choose to add a tincture into you cookie dough, although the flavor is likely to be different. Generally, it’s best to experiment a bit until you sort out the right mix.
You’ll want to let your cannabutter cool after making it by placing it in the fridge. The more solid the butter, the chewier your cookies will be. If you prefer them crisp, then keep the butter soft. This is a pretty small batch recipe, so if you want a larger batch, just go ahead and double your ingredients. Make sure to be careful about measuring out the correct amount though. Baking is more like chemistry than regular cooking, and once the mix is in the oven, it’s out of your hands.This recipe will make about 10-12 cookies depending on their size.
These cookies have the warmth of the toffee combined with the earthiness of the weed and the thyme, which a bit more aroma.
4 tablespoons softened cannabutter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 organic egg
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup + 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup toffee chips
1 sprig fresh thyme
1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- First, you’ll want to blend the butter and sugar in a bowl until they’re fully combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and blend in.
- De-stem the thyme.
- Mix the flour, baking power and salt in a bowl and then add to the butter, egg, and sugar mixture. Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Add the toffee chips and thyme to the mixture and mix until the dough is even.
- Refrigerate the dough for one hour so the dough.
- When you take the dough out, it’ll be hardened, and the best way to get it out is use a scoop.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place scoops onto an un-greased cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes. When you take them out the centers will be soft, but will set after you let them cool. If you prefer crispier cookies, let them bake for an extra minute.
Once they’re done, enjoy! Make sure to keep them out of the hands of children if you’ve added CBD or THC. Happy baking.